Every windshield we replace undergoes a rigorous 14-Point Checklist, so you can be assured of a thorough job performed at the highest standards. We work with all insurance companies. You don’t have to let your insurance company tell you where to get your windshield replaced. With our checklist, our professional technicians guarantee a successful and hassle free windshield installation. Contact the experts at Portland Glass® today!
- Completed vehicle inspection prior to installation
- Used care to prevent damage and maintain vehicle cleanliness by placing protective covering on/in vehicle as required
- Removed moldings, clips, windshield wipers, cowling, etc., as required
- Used Full Cut-Out method, removing old adhesive to approximately 1/16” thickness as specified by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
- Used proper high performance urethane adhesive to meet the specifications of your car’s manufacturer and safe drive-away time requirements
- Installed windshield that meets or exceeds the OEM specifications of your car’s manufacturer and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Installed moldings, clips, windshield wipers, cowling, etc., replacing with new parts as necessary
- Tested wipers to insure proper positioning
- Tested all connections affected by the installation (washer hose, antenna, heating elements, etc.)
- Vacuumed glass and debris from vehicle
- Performed final vehicle inspection, including cleaning of glass, and applied Portland Glass® seal of confidence
- Reviewed safe drive-away time recommendation based on the type of urethane applied and environmental conditions (temperature and humidity)
- Reviewed warranty information and care instructions
- Reviewed Portland Glass® windshield repair process
Portland Glass® repairs damage on your existing windshield using state-of-the-art technology. The windshield repair process takes about a half hour to complete. It uses our unique vacuum system and our proprietary clear liquid resin that is cured with ultra-violet light to create a permanent high-bonding repair that comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Should your windshield need to be replaced, your Portland Glass® installation specialists follows strict standards and procedures to be confident that your new windshield is safely installed to OEM specification and comes with a limited, lifetime warranty.