Taking COVID-19 Precautions, While Remaining Open to Serve Your Auto, Home
and Business Glass Needs
Portland Glass, a Neighborly company, is closely monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its impact in our communities. The health and safety of our team members, customers, vendors, families and friends is our highest priority during this time. While we cannot control the severity or unpredictability of this virus, we can take preventive measures to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19 and help you as well.
Portland Glass has been deemed an essential business. We are available for all your auto, home and business needs.
We are currently acting with prudence in our day-to-day operation with basic preventative safety measures following the guidance set forth by the U.S. Federal Government, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health agencies, including:
- Our locations are open for business by appointment. Our showrooms are temporarily closed to the public until further notice.
- Portland Glass is accepting drop offs, pick ups and is available for quotes via our website and by calling your local store.
- Payments are currently required by credit card only over the phone.
- Our teams are cleaning hands with soap often, for at least 20 seconds.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Keeping the recommended 6 feet from people.
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces, disinfecting vehicles and products before and after service is completed.
- Covering cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing tissue in the trash.
- Having team members stay home when sick.
We encourage our customers to let us know in advance of an appointment if there are any concerns or they would like us to take special precautions. We will continue to closely monitor the situation surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus and continue to service our customers in a safe and responsible manner.
What can you do:
Follow these tips from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) to help prevent the spread of the seasonal flu and respiratory diseases like Coronavirus (COVID-19): CDC Coronavirus Website
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact your local Portland Glass office.
A Consistent Commitment to Excellence
At Portland Glass, we believe in treating our customers how we want to be treated in every interaction we have and the service we provide. With this at our core, Portland Glass is known throughout the industry as a leader in promoting professionalism while ensuring the reliability of glass services and the safety of customers. Our continuous improvement of quality control and workplace safety have helped to set us apart from our competitors. In fact, our glaziers and auto glass technicians are recognized as the most dedicated and knowledgeable workers in the field. Our commitment to being friendly, fast, and service oriented begins at the top and is shared by each and every member of our team.
New Ideas, New Products, New Markets
Portland Glass has made great strides in the realm of innovative glass services.
We’re proud to be a company that:
- Develops full-time training programs
- Reaches out to insurance companies for customers
- Provides mobile auto glass replacements in the New England area
- Offers 24-hour emergency plate glass services in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine
Portland Glass History
After learning the ins and outs of the glass trade, Samuel Cohen chose to open his own glass shop in 1947. As automobiles rolled off the assembly lines in great numbers following World War II, Sam foresaw a promising future for the auto glass replacement business, and he was right.
Gene Cohen took the reins at Portland Glass after his father’s death in 1963 and began the task of expanding and diversifying the company. He added new retail lines, offered replacement services for storefront glass, and opened new service centers. He also looked for opportunities to improve the delivery of services. Gene’s commitment to innovative ideas and unparalleled service would eventually guide Portland Glass to prominence as one of the leading glass companies in the industry.
With the acquisition of Cumberland County Glass in Bowdoinham, ME, in 2016, Portland Glass is now able to offer even better commercial glass service and installation. The strong expertise CCG has brought to Portland Glass allows us to be more nimble, efficient, and supportive to all of our partners, large or small, and operate with the respect and knowledge they come to expect. Now, with over 300 employees, Portland Glass truly is the trusted glass company in Northern New England.