During our 14-point windshield installation checklist, our expert auto glass technicians will:
- Perform a complete vehicle inspection
- Place protective coverings on the vehicle to maintain cleanliness and prevent damage
- Remove moldings, clips, wipers, cowling, and the damaged glass
- Use the Full Cut-Out method to remove old adhesive until reaching the thickness specified by the original equipment manufacturer
- Use a high-performance urethane adhesive to meet safe drive-away time requirements and your car manufacturer’s specifications
- Install a windshield that meets or exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and the original equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Install cowling, wipers, clips, and moldings (replace new parts as necessary)
- Test wipers to ensure they’re positioned properly
- Test all connections affected by the installation, including heating elements, antenna, and washer hose
- Vacuum any glass or debris from the vehicle
- Perform a final vehicle inspection and apply the Portland Glass seal of confidence
- Review the safe drive-away time recommendation
- Re-examine the care instructions and warranty information
- Review the Portland Glass windshield repair process
With more than 70 years of experience, you can trust us to stay up to date with the most advanced installation practices and incorporate them into our time-tested methods.
Reach out to Portland Glass or get started with a free estimate to speak with our glass repair experts today.
Carrying out the Industry’s Best Glass Practices
At Portland Glass, we show our commitment to your safety by performing the highest standard of auto glass replacement and repair services. We’re proud to be among the best and most well-known window replacement companies in the industry. From our techniques to our tools, we’ve adopted and perfected the most effective glass practices that ensure the safety of our customers and technicians.
Service Center Cleanliness
Cleanliness is as important to Portland Glass as it is to you. That’s why we keep our service centers organized, clean, and safe places to work. We believe a cleaner work environment results in greater productivity and improved quality of work. Portland Glass offers a truly professional, welcoming atmosphere.
Safe, Reliable Equipment
With many years of auto glass replacement and repair experience under our belts, you can trust that we use only the most efficient and effective equipment on the market. The Lil-Buddy™ is the mobile installation tool we use that is designed by glass specialists. This mechanism enables one person to install large windshields without the assistance of another technician. It also guarantees safe, precise windshield installation. Tools like this keep Portland Glass at the forefront of the auto glass installation industry.
Give us a call to discuss glass repair and replacement options or visit one of our showrooms!