Portland Glass has the ability to help in the fight against the spread of COVID-19 by offering permanent and semi-permanent barriers for your consumer driven locations. Social distancing is a great practice to limit the spread of airborne pathogens. The number of confirmed cases continue to rise and it’s time to cross the line between damage control and proactively controlling our environments.
We’re offering cough and sneeze protection in glass, acrylic or polycarbonate.
Why Protective Barriers or Sneeze Guards?
- Glass or Plastic shield is a way to protect both employees and customers from the exposure of respiratory droplets.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is thought to spread primarily from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within approximately 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Are Glass or Plastic shields/guards Better?
- Glass is a great surface for shields because it stays clear and resists scratches.
- Plastics are a more economical option for short term use.