When you bring your vehicle to Portland Glass, our specialists can handle your windshield replacement with ease. Weather conditions, humidity, and even the cleanliness of the technician’s hands can mean the difference between a windshield that stays in place and one that pops out when you need it most. A proper windshield replacement is essential to your safety, and we work hard to ensure it’s done right. We’re proud to instill confidence with every quality windshield replacement and windshield installation we provide.
Windshield Replacement Process
As your trusted auto glass experts, Portland Glass regularly consults with automobile manufacturers to make sure our windshield replacement specialists are aware of and comply with the latest window installation standards and techniques.
When you’re in need of a windshield replacement, here is what you can expect:
- Our specialists will carefully remove the windshield, avoiding damage to the paint and bonding surface, since damage to these areas can cause corrosion or leaks.
- We will select a windshield that matches the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality to install.
- During the windshield replacement, we only use adhesives approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC).
- Following procedures recommended by the AGSC, we install the replacement windshield. We always observe the recommended one-hour drive-away time. This allows the adhesive to cure and ensures your optimal safety.
- We inform you of our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee: We will repair chips and cracks for free if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months. If the windshield is broken beyond repair, Portland Glass will replace the glass free of charge.